badge

Sunday 24 January 2016

My best friend is also the most peppy person I know

Friends play such an important role in our lives. It is often when we stay away from them that we realize their true worth but fortunately in my case,it is the exact opposite. I found my best friend when I was staying away from my family for the first time and with her peppiness,she made my life crazier and better. I had never stayed away from my home and that too,a joint family, where I was cared for an sheltered by so many people. When I got a job and had to relocate to another city,all alone, I was apprehensive how will I do so successfully? Of course, my mother helped me set up my new home and I knew that my family is just a phone call away but still, I had many nagging doubts and insecurities inside me, what will I do if something goes wrong or if I fall ill? As they say, the more we think about something,the more it happens to us! Just about a week after joining my new office, I fell ill with food poisoning, a remnant of the huge change in my diet from home cooked food to outside food in this new city! I was writhing in pain in my room when I heard the doorbell ring. My landlady brought Meghana to my room and left us alone. Meghana was the only friend I had made in my new office.

When I first met Meghana,she was wearing a huge cartoon Mickey Mouse pair of ears as there was a birthday in the office. Funny thing is,the person whose birthday it was, was not even a close friend of Meghana! But being the big ball of sunshine, she naturally assumed all duties of organizing a surprise birthday party within half an hour and cheered up the entire office. This is exactly what she did when I fell ill. She came home with a home grown chicken soup and some Khichdi for me to munch on. Then she started talking about all the gossip in the office I was missing out on and made me laugh like crazy,making me forget how ill I was! She got me medicines and visited me everyday after office for 2-3 hours, bringing me greeting cards from all my new office colleagues and even little teddy bears, chocolates as get well soon gifts..

I was nursed back to health within a week. Soon after, she found a new place for me where I had to pay lesser rent and it was also closer to office, plus it had the amenity of getting home cooked food tiffin everyday. Whenever I look at Meghana, I am reminded of Geet from Jab We Met. She is just like that character. She is always joking, always making fun of herself to make others laugh, always looking at situation in a positive light, always taking care of others around her. There is never a dull moment with her around and with her presence alone she brings an air of sunshine in everyone's life. Today, we are inseparable and spend hours chatting in as well as outside the office. As doctors say, laughter is the best medicine, just spending time with the peppiest person Meghana makes sure that I never fell ill again after that food poisoning episode!

This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments:

Post a Comment